Stockhiebe und Gefängnis für Graffitisprayer in Singapore

Politische Diskussionen ohne Tierrechtsbezug
VegSun
möchte das nicht.

Stockhiebe und Gefängnis für Graffitisprayer in Singapore

Beitrag von VegSun » 5. Mär 2015 15:28

"Ein Mathebuch ist der einzige Ort , wo es normal ist 52 Wassermelonen zu kaufen."

passante
dutch uncle

Beitrag von passante » 5. Mär 2015 16:02

Ich denke, wenn sie zuruck nach deutschland kommen, sie werden 2 mal denken bevor wieder graffiti wo nicht erlaubt/gewunsch sind zu machen...
Wenn sie so dumm gewesen sind, sie haben es verdient.
Es gibt ein grund, weil Singapore so hoch in lebensqualität ist :)
I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free

Wuseljule
Sonnenschein

Beitrag von Wuseljule » 5. Mär 2015 16:05

Kannst du das erklären, passante?

Stockhiebe als von offizieller Seite angewendete Maßnahme zur Züchtigung von Straftätern ist für mich ein dickes Minus in meiner Beurteilung der Lebensqualität eines Landes.

edit: Ein fieser deutscher Satz, voller Substantive, sorry! :drop1:
Und alles ist jetzt. Es ist alles alles jetzt.

VegSun
möchte das nicht.

Beitrag von VegSun » 5. Mär 2015 16:07

Aber Stockhiebe, Auspeitschen und ähnliches ist keine angemessene Strafe. Das sie sich in einem Land wo sie zu Gast sind so aufführen wie zu Hause ist aber natürlich auch nicht richtig und sie hätten sich informieren müssen wie die Gesetze in diesem Land sind.

Das heißt aber nicht , das in einem Modernen hochindustrialisierten Land wie Singapore solche Bestrafungen nicht der Vergangenheit angehören sollten.
"Ein Mathebuch ist der einzige Ort , wo es normal ist 52 Wassermelonen zu kaufen."

passante
dutch uncle

Beitrag von passante » 5. Mär 2015 16:13

Wuseljule hat geschrieben:Kannst du das erklären, passante?

Stockhiebe als von offizieller Seite angewendete Maßnahme zur Züchtigung von Straftätern ist für mich ein dickes Minus in meiner Beurteilung der Lebensqualität eines Landes.

edit: Ein fieser deutscher Satz, voller Substantive, sorry! :drop1:
My point is the following: They have been dumb, and they will pay for that. Maybe like this they will have the possibility to think it twice next time they want to make a graffity where is not wanted.
Corporal punishment? I am not a big fan of, but I am a fan of everything that works. If you look at the statistics, it looks like it work over there then I have no issues with it. Anyway if does not leave long-term consequences, it is OK.
Life quality in Singapore is very high, and good for them that they made out of a swamps such a nice place. YOu even get fined there if you are a taxi driver and your car is dirty and their trees have lightning rods ;)

schwarz
i am the night

Beitrag von schwarz » 5. Mär 2015 16:19

passante hat geschrieben: so hoch in lebensqualität ist :)
Weil Leute für geringste Banalitäten verprügelt werden und in den Knast gehen. Ja, das leuchtet natürlich ein.
enter the void.

VegSun
möchte das nicht.

Beitrag von VegSun » 5. Mär 2015 16:24

That doesn't mean that this is necessary, in a Democratic nation this kind of punishment shouldn't be.

The article may show that in Singapore many things work very good. but it also show how Singapore become this rich country, trough the work of chinese slaves i guess.

Wuseljule
Sonnenschein

Beitrag von Wuseljule » 5. Mär 2015 16:27

@passante:
Your first comment in this thread was like "Due to corporal punishment quality of life in Singapore is high."
My opinion: When corporal punishment is official/legal punishment for criminals, I evaluate a country's attractiveness lower. For me the quality of life is therefore lower when you always have in mind that juries can order?/assign? corporal punishment. Even when I'd never do something illegal!
Und alles ist jetzt. Es ist alles alles jetzt.

passante
dutch uncle

Beitrag von passante » 5. Mär 2015 16:29

VegSun hat geschrieben:That doesn't mean that this is necessary, in a Democratic nation this kind of punishment shouldn't be.

The article may show that in Singapore many things work very good. but it also show how Singapore become this rich country, trough the work of chinese slaves i guess.
Do not judge what you do not know.
1) Singapore is not a democracy
2) they have no chinese slaves. The last ones to have slaves are the gulf countries.

Here below an interesting read from
http://futurehrtrends.eiu.com/cross-roads/

In countries that experience labor-skill shortages, governments ease migration laws to bridge the gap between labor demand and supply, and to develop their respective economies. For example, foreign nationals in Gulf countries form most of the private-sector workforce. In Saudi Arabia, a shortage of necessary skills and a disproportionately large public sector have historically prevented the private sector from hiring many locals. According to the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency, expats composed around 87% of the private-sector workforce and 78% of the total workforce in 2012. In the past decade, Singapore has relied on liberal immigration laws to attract talent. According to The Wall Street Journal,52 the South-East Asian city-state boosted its population by nearly 32%, to 5.3 million, in the period from 2000 to 2012—through relying on foreign workers.

However, recent internal opposition to foreign laborers has led to the tightening of migration laws in both Saudi Arabia and Singapore. With over 200,000 Saudi graduates expected to enter the workforce every year by 2018,53 authorities have begun imposing stricter laws. The Saudi labor minister announced in January 2014 that the minimum wage for Saudi nationals working in the private sector will be raised. Other measures have been taken to monitor migrant flow. In November 2013, thousands of workers were arrested as authorities started to crack down on illegal foreign workers around the nation. Meanwhile, in Singapore, citizens have been blaming the reliance on foreign workers for soaring living costs and lower wages. The Singaporean government responded in February 2013 to increased pressure by announcing levy increases when hiring foreign workers. The first increases are set to be implemented in July 2014, with additional increases expected in 2015. The government is also enforcing lower ratios of overseas workers to citizens.

passante
dutch uncle

Beitrag von passante » 5. Mär 2015 16:34

Wuseljule hat geschrieben:@passante:
Your first comment in this thread was like "Due to corporal punishment quality of life in Singapore is high."
My opinion: When corporal punishment is official/legal punishment for criminals, I evaluate a country's attractiveness lower. For me the quality of life is therefore lower when you always have in mind that juries can order?/assign? corporal punishment. Even when I'd never do something illegal!
Well, once again I got lost in stanslation. My meaning was more like "well, it is a place with very high life standard and even if they get it through corporal punishment it is not of my business. I like going around and not finding tags attached everywhere and stupid sprays.
For these guys indeed has been better than be caught in Brazil ;)

Antworten